The Earth System Grid Federation (ESGF) is an international collaboration for the software that powers most global climate change research, notably assessments by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). It supports the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project (CMIP), and the Energy Exascale Earth System Model (E3SM).
The main theme of the conference will be “Future ESGF architecture”. Topics of interest include:
- Infrastructure, Installation, and security for federated architectures
- Metrics collection and dashboards
- User Interfaces, search, subscription and user notification
- Scalable compute infrastructure, analysis and visualization tools
- Identity and authorization management
- Software testing and CI
- Search infrastructure, indexing, metadata, data quality control, publishing
- User support, documentation, publicity, newsletter, communication
- Hardware & Storage
- Data transfer tools
- ESGF and Cloud computing
In addition, this year the ESGF user community are invited to submit abstracts that describe use cases and/or science requirements.
Abstract submission deadline: 1/28/2020
For more information see https://esgf.llnl.gov/2020-F2F.html